Günther Strunk consults national and international companies, and private persons in the area of taxes. He specialises in corporate transactions, real estate investments, shareholding transfers and corporate succession, as well as restructuring models His focus is on advising family-owned businesses and private clients.
Günther Strunk offers advice, in particular, for national and international family-owned businesses and their shareholders. He assists with all taxation questions in corporate transactions, as well as complex real asset investments.
He also advises companies on tax issues for digitalisation, in particular, in the area of online businesses, ICOs and crypto currencies, as well as blockchain and e-sports.
A further area of specialisation for private clients includes issues related to migrations, as well as inheritance and gift taxes.
Günther Strunk is a partner at BWLS Strunk Stoffersen Partnerschaft mbB of tax advisors, auditors and lawyers.
After commercial training and a dual study of business administration in Bochum, and his business administration studies at the Technical University of Berlin, he received his doctorate from the University of Hamburg as Dr rer. pol. He was appointed as a tax advisor in 1998. In 1999 he obtained the venia legendi for Business Administration at the University of Hamburg with his post-doctoral thesis on "Taxation of cross-border transactions on the Internet". In addition to his work as a university professor, he initially held the position of partner at a Hamburg association of lawyers and tax consultants, then worked in a medium-sized law firm that he co-founded in Hamburg.
He joined GÖRG/BWLS in 2015.
Memberships and awards
- Member of the Financial and Taxation Committee for the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce
- Founder and Research Director of the Hamburg Institute of Family Owned Business
- Member of the International Fiscal Association
- Steuerberaterkammer Hamburg (Chamber of German Tax Advisors in Hamburg)
- Accredited Business Angel for BAND
Teaching activities and lectures
- Seminars at DAV on international tax law and criminal tax law (jointly with Michael Kühn) in 2017 / 2018
- Presentations as part of corporate events for the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce (since 2005)
- Seminars at DAA, in particular regarding current taxation developments (since 2014)
- Seminars and lectures at the Hamburger Institute for Family Owned Businesses (since 2011)
- Lectures and seminars at the Leuphana University Lüneburg (since 2018)
- Founder and Co-Director of the Yunus Center at Leuphana University Lüneburg (since 2019)