Dr Sebastian Feiler advises national and international companies on matters relating to commercial and distribution law. His areas of focus are in the fields of contract preparation, including terms of business, and the management of judicial and extra-judicial commercial disputes, in particular with regard to cross-border matters and in national and international arbitration proceedings.
Dr Sebastian Feiler advises national and international companies on all matters relating to commercial and distribution law, including both judicial and extra-judicial dispute resolution. He has significant experience in the preparation of a diverse range of commercial contracts and, in particular, the preparation of distribution agreements of all kinds (purchase and sales terms, supply contracts, research and development agreements, joint ventures and much more), as well as commercial agent, authorised dealer and franchise agreements. Another area of focus is judicial dispute resolution and, in particular, managing national and international commercial arbitration, as well as ad hoc and administrated proceedings of all common arbitration institutions (DIS, ICC etc). In addition to this, Sebastian Feiler is an expert in the fields of international private and procedural law, regularly managing the enforcement of claims abroad as well as foreign court judgements or arbitration awards in Germany.
His industry focus is in the fields of automotive, logistics and transport, the metal and electrical industry, manufacturing and healthcare. He also advises commercial agents, authorised dealers and start-ups in the fields of engineering and technology.
Dr Sebastian Feiler is an associated partner at GÖRG. Following his degree in law at the University of Cologne, he completed his legal training in Cologne, with clerkships at two major corporate law firms in Cologne and at a department of the Federal Office of Justice in Bonn, which was responsible for private and procedural law.
He also worked as a research assistant and obtained his doctorate at the University of Cologne, on a topic of international private law, and worked as a visiting researcher in the faculty of law at UC Berkeley School of Law (USA). He was admitted to the bar in March 2014 by the Cologne Bar Association
Memberships and awards
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- Cologne Bar Association (KAV)
- FORUM Junge Anwaltschaft (Young Lawyers FORUM)
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS) and DIS40
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Vertriebsrecht (DGVR) (German Society for Distribution Law)
- Gesellschaft für Auslandsrecht e.V. (Society for Foreign Law)
Teaching activities and lectures
- Dr Sebastian Feiler worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Private International and Comparative Law at the University of Cologne, and also taught at the university.
- In addition to his full-time work, he taught English-language classes on German commercial law as well as German and European international private and procedural law at the Cologne campus of the International School of Management (ISM).