Dr. Jia Ding, LL.M. advises national and international companies, in particular investors from China, on Mergers & Acquisitions.
Dr. Jia Ding focuses on advising Chinese companies on their foreign direct investments and mergers & acquisitions in Germany and the European market. With her Chinese background and long-term working experience in Germany she is very experienced in advising clients from China and Greater China region for their investment projects in Germany and Europe. Increasingly, she advises and coordinates the legal issues of German clients in China together with our partner law firms in China.
She focuses on automotive, IT and telecommunication, machine building sectors.
Dr. Jia Ding is Counsel at GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB. Before joining GÖRG she worked as legal advisor of China Desk at a leading German law firm in Frankfurt.
Dr. Jia Ding completed her law study at the Universities of Nankai in Tianjin China and Tuebingen Germany. She received her doctorate in corporate law from the University of Tuebingen. Jia Ding also pasts her bar exam in Beijing and is admitted to the bar in China.
Memberships and awards
- Beijing Lawyers Association
- Association for Chinese Lawyers in Europe, A.s.b.l.
- Deutsch-Chinesische Juristenvereinigung e.V (German-Chinese Lawyers Association e.V.)
Teaching activities and lectures
- 26. March 2019 – Speech on Topic “A Legal Perspective on Key M&A Topics and Trends in Europe and Case Study” at Seminar of Lawyers’ Association Ningbo “Seminar on legal and financial topics of investments and M&A in Europe” in Ningbo, China
- 06. September 2019 – Speech on „A German Legal Perspective on Private Equity on M&A Transactions in Europe“ at seminar “Cross-Border M&A Best Practice Sharing” in Shanghai, China
- October 2019 – Speeches on Topic “Key Investment and M&A Topics and Trends in Germany” at seminars of “2019 & 13th Annual China Belt and Road Investment and M&A Roadshow” in Beijing, Shenzhen, Shanghai und Hefei China