In the area of healthcare, which touches on a variety of legal areas, we combine the expertise of our specialised lawyers in order to offer you optimal expert support that is both rapid and comprehensive.
Our advice is always personal, target-oriented and practical.
We combine specialised legal knowledge with extensive knowledge of the sector.
Healthy prospects – with us
Strict requirements – increasing need
The healthcare sector in Germany is highly regulated, defined by numerous different interests and has been undergoing a continual process of charge for years now. On top of this, the demographic change is increasing the need for medical services. For players in the healthcare market, this poses a constant challenge.
Combined expertise for effective solutions
In order to find a quick and effective solution for you and your challenges, we combine specialised legal knowledge with extensive knowledge of the sector. In our healthcare sector group, our lawyers address current issues from a variety of legal areas and exchange legal knowledge in the process.
We offer you our comprehensive expertise in all areas of the healthcare sector. Our specialised lawyers advise companies in the fields of:
- Healthcare business
- Health insurance providers
- State-owned and private hospitals
- Nursing care facilities
- Doctor's offices and laboratories
- Manufacturers of medical devices
- Medical technology companies
- Banks and public-sector clients
We also offer legal and strategical advice for a variety of practice-related matters.
Here you will find our current brochure healthcare.
Our advisory specialisations:
Corporate law / M&A
- Founding and arrangement of medical supply centres under corporate law, participation models for medical supply centres
- M&A, company acquisition and company participations
- Merger control
- Ongoing corporate law advice
- Advice and litigation in case of shareholder disputes
- Arrangement of non-profit companies (e.g. registry companies)
Distribution law and antitrust law
- National and international commercial and distribution law
- European and German antitrust law
- Contracts with commercial agents / distributors
- Terms and conditions for purchase and sale
- Distribution systems
- Licensing agreements
- Consignment warehouse agreements
- Contracts with purchasing groups
- Commission and indemnity claims
- Non-compete provisions
- Litigation and (international) arbitration
- International compliance (FCPA)
- Medical devices law
- Medicinal products law
- Pharmacy law
- Social insurance law, particularly the German Social Code V (SGB V), XI (health and nursing care insurance)
- Private health insurance law
- Medical supply centre / hospital law
- Care home law
- Compliance, particularly Sec. 299 a/b of the German Criminal Code (StGB), industry codes (e.g. FSA, BVMed) etc.
- Professional regulations for healthcare professionals
- Protection of health data
- Laws regarding the advertisement of therapeutic measures
- Food and cosmetics law
- Registration and protection of all forms of intellectual property in the healthcare market
- Legal advice on all trademark and brand law issues with special expertise with regard to the lists of goods and services in the healthcare sector
- E-health and health 2.0
- Health tech projects
- Mobile advices and health apps
- Data protection
- Representation in court proceedings, in the case of written warnings and in proceedings for interim legal protection
- Arrangement and implementation of restructuring measures under labour law
- Advice regarding transfers of business according to Sec. 613 a of the German Civil Code (BGB)
- Arrangement and negotiation of service contracts (including social compensation plans)
- Temporary staffing
- Non-compete clauses in employment contracts
- Labour law advice regarding special considerations in the healthcare sector concerning church institutions: special employment regulations for church institutions, employee representation law, employment contract regulations (AVR) etc.
- Laws concerning supplementary pension funds
- Status determination processes (e.g. regarding the status of locum doctors)
- Support of tendering procedures pursuant to SGB V
- Implementation / management of complex technology and infrastructure projects in the healthcare sector
- Optimisation of procurement structures in the hospital sector
- Legal representation in procurement review proceedings
- Strategic advice of clients and tendering procedures
- Safeguarding / supporting projects involving structuring, restructuring and investment in the healthcare sector regarding state aid law
Real estate law
- Arrangement of lease agreements for doctor's offices, medical supply centres, retirement homes and nursing homes as well as hospitals
- Ongoing advice for operators of retirement and care homes as well as hospitals in matters of lease law and tenancy law
- Real estate transactions, particularly performing due diligence reviews, preparation and negotiation of contracts and assisting in real estate transactions
- Restructuring and reorganisation of hospitals and medical supply centres owned privately, publicly, by charitable organisations or by church institutions
- Conducting debtor-in-possession insolvency proceedings (involvement as CRO / fully authorised representative)
- Restructuring advice prior to insolvency
- Preparing and implementing insolvency plans
Einige der von uns gesetzten Cookies dienen dazu, bestimmte Funktionen unserer Webseiten zu ermöglichen, insbesondere zur Steuerung des Cookie-Banners (damit dieses bei Ihren erneuten Besuchen nicht immer wieder angezeigt wird). Diese Cookies enthalten keine personenbezogenen Daten, insbesondere nicht Ihre IP-Adresse. Andere Cookies, die zu Analysezwecken gesetzt werden (siehe hierzu auch den Abschnitt „Web-Analyse-Tools“), helfen uns zu verstehen, wie Besucher mit unseren Webseiten interagieren. Diese Cookies dienen dazu, die Nutzung unserer Webseiten statistisch zu erfassen und zum Zwecke der Optimierung unseres Angebotes auszuwerten. Die Analyse-Cookies werden bis zu 13 Monate gespeichert.