Dr. Thomas Rieger advises nationally and internationally companies in the pre-insolvency environment.
Dr. Thomas Rieger's core area of practice is management and shareholder advice in the pre-insolvency environment. In individual cases, he also takes over the management of a company in crisis. In addition, he advises on distressed M&A as well as trusteeships and liquidations. He also has extensive experience in insolvency administration, self-administration and insolvency monitoring.
Dr. Thomas Rieger has been an attorney since 2009 and a partner at GÖRG since 2021.
Dr. Thomas Rieger began his legal career at an international law firm. He worked for GÖRG from 2009 to 2013. In the following years, he was a lawyer and - from 2015 - a partner at a law firm for insolvency and restructuring, before joining GÖRG again in 2021.
Dr. Thomas Rieger completed a doctorate in law, mentored by Prof Wackerbarth at the FernUniversitaet Hagen on the concept of over-indebtedness under German insolvency law.
He completed his legal studies at the Universities of Tübingen and Lausanne and his business studies at the FernUniversitaet Hagen.
Memberships and awards
- WirtschaftWoche: Top Anwalt 2020 in der Restrukturierung (WirtschaftWoche: Excellent lawyer 2020 in restructuring)
- AnwaltVerein Stuttgart e.V. (Stuttgart Bar Association)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (German Bar Association)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft FORUM Junge Anwaltschaft (DAV) (Working Group FORUM Young Advocacy)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Insolvenzrecht und Sanierung (Working Group for Insolvency Law and Restructuring)