Dr. Thomas Rieger advises nationally and internationally companies in the pre-insolvency environment.
Dr. Thomas Rieger's core area of practice is management and shareholder advice in the pre-insolvency environment. In individual cases, he also takes over the management of a company in crisis. In addition, he advises on distressed M&A as well as trusteeships and liquidations. He also has extensive experience in insolvency administration, self-administration and insolvency monitoring.
Dr. Thomas Rieger has been an attorney since 2009 and a partner at GÖRG since 2021*.
Dr. Thomas Rieger began his legal career at an international law firm. He worked for GÖRG from 2009 to 2013. In the following years, he was a lawyer and - from 2015 - a partner at a law firm for insolvency and restructuring, before joining GÖRG again in 2021.
Dr. Thomas Rieger completed a doctorate in law, mentored by Prof Wackerbarth at the FernUniversitaet Hagen on the concept of over-indebtedness under German insolvency law.
He completed his legal studies at the Universities of Tübingen and Lausanne and his business studies at the FernUniversitaet Hagen.
*Not a partner within the meaning of the Partnership Act
Memberships and awards
- WirtschaftWoche: Top Anwalt 2021 in der Restrukturierung (WirtschaftWoche: Excellent lawyer 2021 in restructuring)
- Legal 500: Empfohlener Anwalt (Legal 500: Recommended lawyer)
- AnwaltVerein Stuttgart e.V. (Stuttgart Bar Association)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (German Bar Association)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft FORUM Junge Anwaltschaft (DAV) (Working Group FORUM Young Advocacy)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Insolvenzrecht und Sanierung (Working Group for Insolvency Law and Restructuring)