Prof. Dr. Torsten Martini works as insolvency administrator, custodian and restructuring representative.
In additions he advises companies in crisis situations.
He is based in Berlin and Cologne.
Prof. Dr. Torsten Martini works as insolvency administrator, custodian and restructuring representative. He is regularly instructed by the district courts of Charlottenburg, Potsdam and Cologne as custodian and insolvency administrator.
He has extensive experience in business continuation and insolvency structuring. Additionally, he is honorary Professor for Commercial law at the Berlin School for for economics and law) and is well known for his publications covering his specialist area.
Prof. Dr. Torsten Martini ist partner at GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB. In the 20 years prior to his position at GÖRG he was expert partner at a renowned business law firm in Berlin and Cologne.
After studying law in Bonn and legal training in Cologne Prof. Dr. Torsten Martini received his Ph.D. at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität in Kiel with a thesis on insolvency law.
Prof. Dr. Torsten Martini was admitted as a lawyer in 1999 and acquired his specialisation in insolvency law in 2009. In 2007 he was appointed as insolvency administrator.
Memberships and awards
- Association of insolvency administrator and custodians Germany e.V. (VID)
- Berlin and Cologne lawyers association e.V.
- Working group for insolvency Cologne e.V.
- Member of association for restructuring TMA Germany e.V.
- Member of supervisory board of German Lawyers Academy
- Member of advisory board of German Insolvency administrators e.V.
- Board member Berlin/Brandenburg working group of insolvency administrators e.V.
Teaching activities and lectures
Lectureship at HWR Berlin on insolvency and restructuring law