Dr Axel Czarnetzki advises national and international companies in the area of IT & outsourcing. He specialises in the areas of IT contractual law, licensing contracts for software and technology services, consulting and contract drafting for IT and outsourcing projects, legal project controlling and advising steering committees.
Dr Axel Czarnetzki advises national and international companies on all matters concerning information technology law. In particular, he has many years of extensive experience in drafting individual and framework contracts for IT projects, and assisting clients in the implementation of such IT projects, including legal project controlling and participation in steering committee meetings. Another focus is advising and preparing licensing contracts for software and technology services.
Dr Axel Czarnetzki primarily assists clients in the IT and telecommunications sector, the media, the wholesale sector, logistics, and the public sector, in preparing tenders and implementing IT services (in particular a variety of dioceses).
Dr Axel Czarnetzki has been a partner at GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB since March 2008. He has been a certified specialist for information technology law since 2011, and received the FOM advanced certificate “Data Protection Risk Manager” in 2016.
After studying law at universities in Saarbrucken, Freiburg, Munich and Innsbruck (Austria), where he completed the first state examination in 1988 and the second law exam in 1991, Axel Czarnetzki completed the postgraduate course “European Integration” at the Europa-Institute, Saarland University and gained the title Master of European Law (LL.M.) from the Europa-Institute, Saarland University in 1991. In the same year, he gained a doctorate on selective distribution systems in the European Union (in German) under Prof Waldemar Hummer at the University of Innsbruck (Austria).
Dr Axel Czarnetzki was admitted to the bar in 1991.
Memberships and awards
- Munich Bar Association
- German Bar Association
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Arbeitsrecht im DAV (Working Group for IT law in the German Bar Association)
- DGRI Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht und Informatik e.V. (German Association for Law and IT)
- Board member of the Münchner Fachanwaltstag IT-Recht e.V. (Munich IT Law Specialists Conference
Teaching activities and lectures
- Self-driving cars, Emergency algorithms in automated street traffic, (in German), Calvisto career fair at the University of Passau, 22.11.2018
- Cloud services: AWS usage - Opportunity and risk, contract structure and data protection (in German), 15.11.2018, 8th Münchner Fachanwaltstag IT-Recht (8th Munich IT Law Specialists Conference)
- GDPR implementation - risk coverage through IT risk insurance (in German), presentation to MunichRe (insurance company), Schloss Hohenkammer, 13.07.2018
- GDPR implementation, Project management for GoLive. Presentation for Deutsch Berufsförderungswerke Bundesverband (German Federal Association of Vocational Training Centers), Berlin, 29.01.201