Dr Kirsten Schümann-Kleber offers advice on banking and banking regulatory law, and financing to national and international companies. She focuses mostly on complex, cross-border financing, as well as on restructuring and insolvency law matters in distressed businesses. She specialises in real estate, infrastructure and energy, as well as automotive.
Dr Schümann-Kleber is a partner in the area of financing/financial restructuring at the GÖRG Berlin office. She focuses on offering advice to a variety of stakeholders in distress or when facing insolvency of their subsidiaries or (potential) contractual partners. At the same time, she regularly works in complex finance and refinancing transactions. The vast majority of the clients managed by Dr Kirsten Schümann-Kleber have cross-border elements.
Dr Kirsten Schümann-Kleber has been a partner at GÖRG since 2008.
In 2006, she worked in London (UK) as part of a secondment. Before starting at GÖRG in 2005, Dr Kirsten Schümann-Kleber worked as a lawyer at a large international firm, initially in Berlin and then in Frankfurt. After studying law at the University of Dresden, Dr Kirsten Schümann-Kleber gained a Master of Law degree at Emory University (USA). She then took the bar exam in New York (USA) and completed her legal training in Berlin. In parallel, she gained a doctorate at the University of Dresden.
She has been certified as a lawyer in Berlin and attorney at law in New York (USA) since 2001.
Memberships and awards
- Insolvency Section of the International Bar Association
- Senior Advisory Board of the Insolvency Section
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Insolvenzrecht und Sanierung des deutschen Anwaltsvereins (Working Group for Insolvency Law and Restructuring in the German Bar Association)
- Berliner/Brandenburger Arbeitskreises für Insolvenzrecht e.V. (Berlin/Brandenburg Working Group for Insolvency Law)
Teaching activities and lectures
- Dr Kirsten Schümann-Kleber jointly organises the Berlin restructuring forum twice a year for GÖRG.
- Dr Schümann-Kleber regularly appears as a speaker or moderator at national and international events and conferences.