One of GÖRG's specialisations is the energy sector. This sector is undergoing a profound process of transformation that can still be described by the keywords of digitalisation, decarbonisation and decentralisation.
This goes hand in hand with thorough changes to the overall legal conditions, which present new challenges to all stakeholders.
Full service for your energy projects
For years now, our experienced experts have been advising on legal questions across all stages of the value chain in the energy sector, particularly in the areas of energy production and generation, and the distribution, trading, sale and use of power and gas.
We also support you in the future to successfully implement your project and play an active role in defining the transformation of the energy sector.
Our advisory specialisations:
Energy production and storage
- Development and support of projects in the field of renewable energies (offshore and onshore wind farms, photovoltaic, hydroelectric power and biomass plants) as well as cogeneration plants
- Development and advice for energy and gas storage projects
- Preparation, review and negotiation of concepts for plant construction (contracts for engineering, procurement, construction, general contractors, maintenance and management)
- Structuring of SPVs and joint ventures under corporate law and tax law
- Structuring and support of project financing
- Advice for financial assistance, particularly according to the German Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) and the German Combined Heat and Power Act (KWKG)
- Support of tendering processes for EEG and KWKG plant.
- Advice and arrangement of decentralised energy supply concepts (concepts for contracting, tenant electricity and district electricity)
- Assertion of and defence against warranty claims and claims for compensation of damages
Grids and infrastructure
- Preparation, review and negotiation of grid connection and grid usage contracts
- Advice for all matters of grid connection regulation
- Reduction of grid fees and charges with respect to companies incurring high power costs and in specific connection situations
- Concession procedures
- Advice for operators of closed distribution grids and customer systems
- Implementation of unbundling requirements
- Concession fees and concession contract law
Energy sale and energy trading
- Preparation, review and negotiation of energy, gas and heat supply contracts, fuel contracts and direct marketing contracts
- Preparation, review and negotiation of PPAs for marketing power obtained using renewable energies
- Control reserve marketing
End consumers of power (taxes, levies and charges)
- Advice for companies incurring high power costs to restrict EEG charges according to the stipulations of the special equalisation scheme
- Advice regarding self-supply scenarios
- Reduction of grid fee-related charges and levies (concession levies, charges acc. to Sec. 19 of the German Electricity Network Charges Ordinance (StromNEV), acc. to Sec. 18 of the German Ordinance on Interruptible Loads (AbLaV), acc. to the KWKG, acc. to the EEG, offshore liability charges)
- Power and energy tax law
Mergers & acquisitions
- Structuring and support of M&A transactions
- Conducting due diligence reviews in the area of renewable energies (onshore and offshore wind farms, photovoltaic, biomass and hydroelectric power plants) as well as infrastructure projects
- Preparation, review and negotiation of company purchase agreements (SPA or APA)
Litigation and representation vis-à-vis government agencies
- Energy-related legal disputes before ordinary courts and courts of arbitration (DIS, ICC)
- Misuse proceedings vis-à-vis regulatory authorities
- Advice and representation of energy-intensive companies in dealings with the German Federal Office of Economic Affairs and Export Control
- Approval procedures with the licensing authorities
Wir informieren Sie über aktuelle rechtliche Entwicklungen aus den für Sie relevanten Bereichen.
Bestellen Sie jetzt unseren Newsletter.
We're using cookies to statistically monitor the usage of our website.