Dr Oliver Spieker advises national and international companies in the field of industrial property law. His main focuses include design law, copyright and trademarks. In addition to this, he also represents clients in and out of court before all national courts, as well as the EGC and the CJEU.
Dr Oliver Spieker advises national and international companies on matters relating to industrial property law, intellectual property (design, patent, copyright and trademark law), competition and distribution law, and in the field of distribution. He represents clients in and out of court before all national courts, as well as the EGC and the CJEU.
Dr Oliver Spieker is a lawyer and partner at GÖRG.
After studying law at the University of Bonn, he completed his legal training in Berlin and Riad (Saudi Arabia). He also gained his doctorate at the University of Bonn, with a dissertation on corporate sales in cases of insolvency (in German). He was admitted to the bar in 2002 by the Berlin Bar Association.
Before joining GÖRG, he was a lawyer at a law firm specialising in intellectual property rights, copyrights and media law in Berlin.
Dr Oliver Spieker represents clients in situations of corporate litigation in Germany and at EU level courts (EGC and the CJEU). Cases he has represented are reported in the trade press, national press and international press, as well as on radio and television. He is a regular guest on topics in his area of specialisation, and has authored many publications in the trade press. Dr Oliver Spieker has also instructed at reputable universities for many years. He is also frequently a speaker at annual national and international conferences.
Memberships and awards
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- International Trademark Association (INTA), including several years as task force leader in enforcement of comparative law in the area of injunction
Teaching activities and lectures
Teaching activities (2007 to 2009):
- Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin (Patent law - Industrial property rights)
- HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences (Contract law and design law in fashion)
Steinbeis Hochschule School of Management & Innovation (International contract law and licensing, and distribution law and industrial property law)
- “‘Act on Model Declaratory Proceedings and Beyond” – 7th Annual Litigation Summit 2019
- “Social Media at Work” – AUMA FachForum Social Media 2017 (in German)
- “Design protection proceedings – views and opportunities of infringing and infringed parties“ – ELSA Poland, 2017
- “Trademark Infringements – Case Studies” – ELSA Poland, 2016