Cologne, June 2021
Stay up to date with us.
With our Employment Tracker we regularly look into the "future of labour law" for you! At the beginning of each month we present the most important decisions expected for the month from the Federal Labour Court (BAG) and the European Court of Justice (ECJ) as well as other courts. We report on the results in the issue of the following month. In addition, we point out upcoming milestones in legislative initiatives by politicians, so that you know today what you can expect tomorrow.
This time in focus:
- Warning letter to an editor for sec-ondary employment (Publication of an article rejected by the editorial office in a compet-ing newspaper)
- Admissibility of personnel se-condment in the public sector, Scope exception in Sec. 1 (3) No. 2b AÜG Compatibility with the Temporary Agency Work Directive
- Collective Bargaining Ability of the Trade Union "DHV-Die Berufsgew-erkschaft e.V.”
- Equal pay for men and women for work of equal or equal value? Reference for a preliminary ruling from the Watford Employment Tribunal (United Kingdom)
- Age limit for access to the notarial profession. Reference for a preliminary ruling from the Consiglio de Stato (Italy)
Legislative initiatives, important notifications & applications
- Directive on Transparent and Foreseeable Working Conditions in the European Union (Directive 2019/1152/EU)
- Third Ordinance Amending the Ordinance Implementing the Collective Agreement Act
- Company Modernization Act (Betriebsrätemodernisierungsgesetz)