Dr. Dirk Freihube advises national and international companies on labour and employment law.
Dr. Dirk Freihube advises national and international companies and groups of companies on all questions of individual and collective labor law and represents them nationwide in all instances, regularly also before the Federal Labor Court. He has particular experience in the extrajudicial and judicial support of corporate restructuring, especially in the aviation, automotive and finance sectors. In addition, he regularly represents companies in conciliation boards and in disputes concerning the classification of companies under works constitution and collective bargaining agreements. He is available to the personnel departments of medium-sized companies as a permanent contact person for the planning and implementation of daily HR processes.
A further focus of his work is the representation of supervisory boards, shareholders, management boards and managing directors as well as other executives in contract drafting and separation processes.
He regularly gives lectures and seminars and is the author of numerous publications on employment law.
Dr. Dirk is a partner at GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB.
After studying law at the Universities of Marburg and Berlin, he was an academic assistant to the Institute for Labor and Civil Law (Prof. Adomeit) at the Free University of Berlin. Here he received his doctorate on the subject of collective law concerning employment alliances in companies. He was admitted to the bar in 2001.
Before joining GÖRG, he was partner and head of the employment law department of several leading law firms and most recently opened the Frankfurt office of a renowned employment law firm.
Memberships and awards
- Mitglied Arbeitsgemeinschaft Arbeitsrecht im Deutschen Anwaltsverein (Member of the working group on labour law in the German Bar Association)
- Listed by JUVE as frequently recommended lawyer
- Listed by Legal 500 as one of the recommended lawyers: "Dirk Freihube has excellent specialist knowledge, is considered reliable, very experienced and strong in negotiations.
- Repeatedly recommended lawyer in the Law Firm Monitor
Teaching activities and lectures
- "Labor Law 4.0", 22.08.2019, IHK Frankfurt am Main
- "News in labor law 2019 - what employers need to know", 11.11.2019, IHK Frankfurt am Main
- "mobile working" HR evening, 18.09.2019, Frankfurt am Main
- "Digitization of the world of work - Labor Law 4.0" Private Banking Forum, March 20, 2019, Munich
- "Time's up" September 19, 2019, Frankfurt am Main
- "Pitfalls in dismissal protection litigation - Dos and Don'ts for successful litigation", 2019, Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Düsseldorf, Munich
- "right to quit - really difficult", 15.11.2017, Frankfurt am Main
- "Interim Management from the perspective of a labor lawyer", AIMP Regional Forum, 03.03.2016, Munich
- "Die Kündigung nach Emmely", Group Staff Conference of Deutsche Lufthansa AG, 11.05.2009, Frankfurt am Main
- "The Legally Compliant Termination of Employment Contracts", Group Staff Conference of Deutsche Lufthansa AG, May 14, 2008, Frankfurt am Main
- "Labor law measures in the crisis", Verband Technische Kunststoff-Produkte e.V., April 8, 2009, Waiblingen
- "Labor law measures in the crisis" Hauck & Aufhäuser, 17.11.2009, Frankfurt am Main
- "European Company and Employee Participation", November 5, 2007, Berlin
- "Social insurance law consequences of termination" Day of Labor Law", 2004, Berlin
- "The insolvency protection of partial retirement credits", 2004, Berlin, Bremen, Leipzig, Dresden
- "Latest developments in the case law of the BAG" Labor Law Day, 2003, Berlin
- "Advantages and disadvantages of using an employment and qualification company", Labor Law Day 2002, Frankfurt am Main