Stay up to date with us
With our Employment Tracker we regularly look into the "future of labour law" for you! At the beginning of each month we present the most important decisions expected for the month from the Federal Labour Court (BAG) and the European Court of Justice (ECJ) as well as other courts. We report on the results in the issue of the following month. In addition, we point out upcoming milestones in legislative initiatives by politicians, so that you know today what you can expect tomorrow.
This time in focus:
- Termination for operational reasons – notification of collective redundancies
- Termination date of a fixed-term employment relationship
- The mere breach of the GDPR does not constitute a claim for damages
- Can a data protection officer also be a works council member?
- Amount of a company pension
- Reimbursement of a commission paid to a personnel service provider for the placement of an employee upon termination of the employment relationship within the first 13 months of its existence
Legislative initiatives, important notifications & applications
- German Bundestag and Federal Council agree on amendments to the Whistleblower Protection Act
- Federal Council approves law on International Labour Organization Convention No. 190 of June 21, 2019, on the elimination of violence and harassment in the workplace