Dr. Jan Peter Müller advises public authorities as well as national and international companies on public commercial law and public procurement. He specializes in the areas of public procurement law, subsidy and EU state aid law as well as real estate law.
Dr. Jan Peter Müller's practice focuses on public procurement (public procurement law), subsidy and EU state aid law as well as real estate law.
Dr. Jan Peter Müller has particular experience in the public procurement law aspects of infrastructure (broadband expansion, heating networks), PPP and complex procurement projects, in particular in the fields of building construction and civil engineering (including planning), operator services, information and communication technology as well as waste disposal and utilities. His advice also includes managing and monitoring the procurement process, drafting project-related contracts and representing clients in and out of court.
In addition, he has extensive knowledge of subsidy and state aid law as well as the structuring of privatization and remunicipalization projects. He regularly advises on municipal real estate transactions (concept awards, bidding procedures) and advises on M&A transactions with a public law element.
Jan Peter Müller is co-editor of a handbook on "Sustainability in Public Procurement Law" and regularly publishes articles in legal commentaries and journals. He also holds seminars on various topics of public procurement law.
Dr Jan Peter Müller is partner at GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB.*
Before joining GÖRG, he worked as a lawyer for a large tax-focused commercial law firm in Frankfurt. He studied law at the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg. He then completed his doctorate there under Prof. Dr. Dres. h.c. Paul Kirchhof (former judge of the German Constitutional Court) on a topic related to the theory of legal sources in the field of accounting law.
During his legal clerkship at a regional court in the judicial district of the Palatinate Higher Regional Court of Zweibrücken, he spent time at the German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer (supplementary studies for trainee lawyers), a commercial law firm in Bonn and the Federal Audit Office.
*Not a partner within the meaning of the Partnership Act
Memberships and awards
- JUVE Handbook 2021/2022: Rising star in public procurement law
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Rising star in public procurement law
- JUVE Handbook 2023/2024: Rising star in public procurement law
- Forum Vergabe e. V. (Procurement Forum) (Firm membership)
- Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk (German Procurement Network)
- He was named as a recommended lawyer in the area of Public Law - Public Procurement Law by LEGAL 500 Germany (2022)
Teaching activities and lectures
- Lecturer in international public law at the Worms University of Applied Sciences (2017 to 2018)
- Co-Chairman of the Frankfurt regional group of the German Public Procurement Network (DVNW)